The Zane Grey's... an unusal love story

The Zane Grey’s… an unusal love story

The Zane Grey House, a National Park overlooking the Lackawaxen and Delaware Rivers in prominent view of the Roebling Bridge, is a must see in the area.  The boat launch directly in front of the home is ideal for eagle…

Foodie FAVS

Foodie FAVS

There are some truly great eateries on our area. So now that the holidays have past, it’s important to support our local businesses. Here are some of my favorites… The Fairview Lake Café, located on Route 390 just outside of…

New Brew - View my Photos

New Brew – View my Photos

There’s a new vibe growing in Hawley – Benches, new shops, events and a beautiful new playground! One of my favorite new additions is the Brew Coffee Company. It’s located above Ravyn & Robyn (the old Torte Knox); you enter…

AUCTIONS

AUCTIONS

Going Once… Twice… SOLD!   There’s a reason that shows like American Pickers, Storage Wars, Auction Kings, Pawn Stars and of course, Antiques Roadshow are so successful. We are all treasure hunters at heart. The Pocono Mountains are home to…

DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS?

DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS?

UNREGISTERED GUESTS? Have you ever visited a place that you never wanted to leave? Be careful what you wish for… Do you believe in ghosts? Whether you do or you don’t, there are certainly some strange happenings that beg for…

I HATE WINTER

I HATE WINTER

I have a confession to make. I have never been a big fan of winter. I have always preferred the warmth and greenery of summer, especially for hiking. That is, until I purchased my first snowshoes. I discovered that hiking…

Winter Wonderland Happy Holidays

Winter Wonderland Happy Holidays

“Walking in a Winter Wonderland” the great traditional Christmas classic was written by Richard Smith, a native of Honesdale, PA. He was inspired to pen the lyrics after a snowfall blanketed Central Park. Smith had written the lyrics while in…

November is a time for Thankfulness

November is a time for Thankfulness

The name Pocono is derived from a Delaware Indian word (pohoqualin), which means “stream between mountains” in reference to the Delaware River. Ironically, that which divides us also unites us. The Delaware River basin has attracted big business from coal,…